Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to your surgery appointment.
No smoking at least 12 hours prior to surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. If patient is a minor, a legal guardian must accompany the patient.
The patient cannot not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience. No taxi or shuttle bus service can be used in lieu of a responsible adult who drives the patient to our office and then drives the patient home, from our office, after their surgery.
Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with our Doctors prior to your surgical date for instructions.